Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

Bernd Zeimetz, le ven. 12 avril 2019 23:14:10 +0200, a ecrit:
> On 4/12/19 11:01 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > I was hoping to do a non-official relase of Debian Hurd along Buster as
> > usual, but a change of archive, which means uploading packages, fixing
> > scripts, etc. will take a lot of time, which I simply just will not have
> > within the coming two-three months (I am already struggling to find time
> > to do what I engaged to).
>
> While I appreciate your efforts, I have to be honest and say: If there
> are no other people to help here, you've just proven that this
> architecture should be moved to ports.

I am not saying that the hurd-i386 port shouldn't
be moved to ports (see the report I made on
https://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2018/09/msg00000.html , my only
potential concern was with the workload of debian-ports).

I am only saying that this is really a bad timing.

> Nothing will stop you from releasing a hurd buster release using
> ports.

Time will. I will have time later, but that'll be after the Buster
release, i.e. a *way* less coherent set of packages since a flurry
of package updates will happen, thus less usable, if installable at
all. The only alternative I have is to make the release now with the RC
bugs.

Samuel