Running CUDA apps in a kfreebsd jail

So I managed to successfully install nvidia's CUDA toolkit 9.1 in a jail.

The host is running 11.0-RELEASE, the jail is running kfreebsd wheezy w/ some jessy pkgs

attempting to compile anything against nvcc results in:

root@2313cc0b-e2f0-11e7-97aa-1c872c763464:~/xmr-stak/build# LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-kfreebsd-gnu/ CXX=/usr/local/bin/g++ CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc make
[ 19%] Built target xmr-stak-c
[ 80%] Built target xmr-stak-backend
[ 84%] Built target xmr-stak
[ 88%] Building NVCC (Device) object CMakeFiles/xmrstak_cuda_backend.dir/xmrstak/backend/nvidia/nvcc_code/xmrstak_cuda_backend_generated_cuda_extra.cu.o
CUDA_NVCC_HOST_COMPILER_FLAGS =
nvcc_host_compiler_flags = "-Xcompiler;,"-march=native","-mtune=native","-msse2","-maes","-fPIC","-O3","-DNDEBUG""
Generating dependency file: /root/xmr-stak/build/CMakeFiles/xmrstak_cuda_backend.dir/xmrstak/backend/nvidia/nvcc_code/xmrstak_cuda_backend_generated_cuda_extra.cu.o.NVCC-depend

nvcc fatal   : Host compiler targets unsupported OS.
CMake Error at xmrstak_cuda_backend_generated_cuda_extra.cu.o.cmake:221 (message):
  Error generating
  /root/xmr-stak/build/CMakeFiles/xmrstak_cuda_backend.dir/xmrstak/backend/nvidia/nvcc_code/./xmrstak_cuda_backend_generated_cuda_extra.cu.o

even running a hello world against nvcc causes the "nvcc fatal" error.

It seems that nvcc is doing an OS check, and i'm guessing that it's expecting that check to return with something resembling "Linux".

I'm further guessing that nvcc is calling something uname related. Could be wrong tho.

I'm kind of at a loss at this point... Is anyone here attempting to run a Cuda app (coin mining, if you're curious) under a kfreebsd jail?  Does anyone know how to trick nvcc into thinking kfreebsd is Linux?

thanks

--
Jason E Belich
jason@belich.com