Re: Defaulting to i686 for the Debian i386 architecture

On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 19:15:54 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> question to the Hurd and KFreeBSD maintainers ... change that on these
> platforms too?

As it currently stands, this is not a question when it comes to
dpkg, that specific change is all or nothing. The Debian ←→ GNU
cpu mapping is global for all architectures.

But as I've mentioned several times now, I think changing the GNU
triplet (only on i386) every time we bump the ISA is the wrong way
around this, and the above is another reason of why, but this has
been ignored in the past so… you'll have to sort this out.

Thanks,
Guillem