Re: failed kfreebsd-amd64 build of openjdk-8 8u66-b01-4

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 07:16:54PM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jan Henke wrote:
> > the strange thing is, the buildds continue trying to install
> > openjdk-8-jdk instead to satisfy the build dependency, which naturally
> > fails. I assume, because the package exists for most other
> > architectures, but not kfreebsd-*.
>
> The build-dependency is:  openjdk-8-jdk | openjdk-7-jdk
> and the buildds only consider the first-listed dependency.
>
> The only way it could build is if the build dependencies were installed
> in the chroot already.  Or maybe using some parameter to sbuild, to
> pre-install openjdk-7-jdk - do you know if that is possible Christoph?

(Not Christoph, but I know my way around buildd...)

The latter isn't possible, but you can easily do something like

sbuild login -c kfreebsd-i386-source
(install openjdk-7-jdk, exit; since it says "-source", changes will be
retained)
now build openjdk-8 (on that host), and then uninstall openjdk again.

It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26