Re: openjdk-7: FTBFS on kfreebsd-*

Matthias Klose wrote:
> adding patches for openjdk-7 without addressing the upstream maintenance issue
> isn't going to help.  Neither openjdk-8 nor openjdk-9 build in Debian either.

Actually this underscores the urgency to fix it now, where only a 2-line
diff is needed to fix the FTBFS on kfreebsd, rather than after the next
upstream release where it may not be so easy.

openjdk-7 remains unable to migrate to testing unless the current
kfreebsd FTBFS is fixed, because of how britney tracks bug #788982.
The next time it FTBFS on kfreebsd, will not matter for testing
migrations.

Other choices are to falsify BTS found/fixed versions, or remove
openjdk-7 entirely on kfreebsd, which I'd like to avoid.  We are
hoping to work on openjdk-8 porting and upstreaming during DebConf.

Thanks,
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org