Re: Kernel cmdline

Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hm I guess not. What me / DSA is mostly interested in would be having
> e.g. fsck prompts (during bootup) on the serial line in proper. on linux
> you can do a 'console=ttyS0 console=tty0' and it just works (tm)

If you append "-h" to the kfreebsd line in GRUB, it seems to me
(testing with d-i, not a real system) that early userland boot stuff
gets redirected to the serial console.  Unless that's some special
handling within d-i, it might work here.

If you use "-D" [dual] you only get kernel messages to serial, the
userland attaches to the main console only.  You can combine these
("-h -D") to get kernel messages on both, with early boot stuff on
serial which I think is exactly what you want.

inittab can still spawn getty on ttyv0 or ttyu0 regardless of
these flags.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org