Re: jenkins kfreebsd jobs (Re: Plan B for kfreebsd)

Holger Levsen wrote:
> > g-i-installation.sh doesn't
> > seem to run in that mode, actually it ignores some failing commands
> > already during cleanup steps.
>
> yes, but during cleanup +e is explicitly set, I think.

Aha yes it does "set +e" inside that function.  But code before and
after it does ignore + have to handle fatal errors itself.

The code I added shouldn't return false, except maybe a race between
'ps' and 'kill' (if the process goes away in that time);  but seems
unlikely with the 'sleep 1' after each iteration.

> Oh, well, I suppose I should either merge and see how it fails or read the
> code myself before merging... ;-)

Well, you were right;  I didn't think to check for a "set +e" in the
script, only looked for something like that at the top of the script
and assumed it was safe to return false anywhere.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org