Re: jenkins kfreebsd jobs (Re: Plan B for kfreebsd)

Hi Holger!

Thanks for your help with this.  Automated d-i testing was
probably the first thing I wanted to do as we begin to put an
unofficial release together.

https://jenkins.debian.net/view/g-i-installation/job/g-i-installation_debian_sid_daily_kfreebsd/428/console
| -append only allowed with -kernel option

That's a special Qemu option, to set the Linux kernel cmdline after

To automatically boot an .iso, we'd need to edit the grub.cfg inside of
it somehow.

The easiest alternative - something I emailed to you a while ago but I
didn't really get finished - is to extract a PXE netboot installer
tarball, edit the boot parameters in the grub.cfg, and TFTP boot it
(with Qemu's internal DHCP+TFTP sevices).  That kinda resembles what a
large-scale deployment on real hardware might do.

I'll look into one or both options later this evening and get back to
you, with a Git pull request ideally.

Thanks again,
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org