Re: GNU/kFreeBSD sprint, fast porterbox access

Hi,

El Domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2014 13:22:54 Steven Chamberlain escribió:
> On 14/09/14 10:18, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> >> With whatever time is left I'll try to rebuild (only once) all of
> >> build-essential and perhaps other things.
> >
> > Maybe you could be interested to get in touch with David Suarez (as cc)
> > who is doing the rebuild of Debian for amd64
> > using our Debian AWS credit.
>
> If this project works out well, then yes I'd be interested in testing
> kfreebsd on more public clouds, perhaps AWS next.  Maybe also Rackspace
> or HP Helion would allow some free usage for testing.
>
> I'd find it interesting to try a full-archive rebuild (or
> ReproducibleBuilds testing) using kfreebsd-amd64, perhaps with ZFS.
> Because kfreebsd-specific issues might be missed by the rebuilds on
> linux-amd64.  (We sometimes catch race conditions that affect Linux,
> exposed by kFreeBSD due to timing differences).

For me sounds like a good idea. Personally, I'm always having problems with 2
of my packages, driftnet and kdeconnect, on kfreebsd. For example now i'm
facing compile errors on driftnet [1] and in the past I get some sporadic
failures on the tests for kdeconnect [2].

Currently there's not, out of the box. ec2 kfreebsd support, I can only see
freebsd images [3]. But I guess that creating kfreebsd AMI's could not be much
work [4].

[1] <https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=driftnet&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=1.1.4-1&stamp=1410606043>
[2] <https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=kdeconnect&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=0.5.2.1-1&stamp=1400536554>
[3] http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-on-ec2/