Re: GNU/kFreeBSD sprint, fast porterbox access

On 14/09/14 10:18, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>> With whatever time is left I'll try to rebuild (only once) all of
>> build-essential and perhaps other things.
>
> Maybe you could be interested to get in touch with David Suarez (as cc)
> who is doing the rebuild of Debian for amd64
> using our Debian AWS credit.

If this project works out well, then yes I'd be interested in testing
kfreebsd on more public clouds, perhaps AWS next.  Maybe also Rackspace
or HP Helion would allow some free usage for testing.

I'd find it interesting to try a full-archive rebuild (or
ReproducibleBuilds testing) using kfreebsd-amd64, perhaps with ZFS.
Because kfreebsd-specific issues might be missed by the rebuilds on
linux-amd64.  (We sometimes catch race conditions that affect Linux,
exposed by kFreeBSD due to timing differences).

And if we can work with DSA to get a faster kfreebsd porterbox that
would be lovely too.  (This may be easier post-release because kfreebsd
10.x adds proper support for virtio and has other optimisations).

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org