Re: -bsd@ stuff to do during DebConf?

On 31/08/14 21:15, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Matthias Klose promised to raise a critical voice there ;-)

I think we're okay as far as toolchain is concerned?  We were asked to
drop gcc-4.8 for gcc-4.9 but that's no problem at all.  kfreebsd-10 10.0
doesn't use it on the actual release architectures, and 10.1 updated the
build-depends anyway.

openjdk-7 is difficult.  I understand there's a risk of it becoming
FTBFS during the freeze, but *after* freeze missing builds on kfreebsd
architectures do not prevent updates via stable-security.

I *did* ask about upstreaming our patches some months ago, but trying to
identify patch authors and persuade them to sign an Oracle copyright
assignment, does not sound fun.  Hopefully we could upstream at least
some of the patches (ifdefs?) without having to go through this.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org