Re: -bsd@ stuff to do during DebConf?

On 31/08/14 20:52, Christoph Egger wrote:
>   Guess it's a good idea to move things soon -- release people might e
> busy in the talk before as well and not see last-minute stuff.

I'll file the ticket basically as soon as I see k-k-h is built.  If
there's nothing else you think we need to do first?

It's not essential for anyone to see it before the talk, I just thought
it would be nice to have it filed in case you or anyone else mentions
kfreebsd at the talk.

We can't begin the transition immediately it must wait for at least the
5th September freeze, right?

I hope we're not too late;  I notice linux 3.16 isn't in sid yet though.

> Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:
>> don't suppose we're expected to rebuild the whole archive?  We could do
>> test rebuilds of selected stuff though if advisable;  I could easily
>> borrow/rent some hardware to do that if needed.
>
> I'm pretty sure we can get things going without you throwing private
> money at it ;-). I wouldn't do an archive rebuild though.

What I really meant is that amd64/i386 hardware is really easy to get a
hold of, if it is suggested we do some test rebuilds first.  And is
powerful enough that it won't take forever to do.

> There's also somewhat of a freebsd-libs transition right?

That's a first-level reverse dependency of k-k-h, so it's a part of the
transition, yes.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org