Re: -bsd@ stuff to do during DebConf?

Hi Christoph!

On 24/08/14 18:40, Christoph Egger wrote:
>   During DebConf I'll really be able to do some stuff on -bsd@. Do you
> have the general picture on the current state? How is the 10.1 thing
> coming along? should I test+upload from svn?

That's really good to hear.  We'll have some things that need uploading.

I've committed some my 10.1 packaging work today but it doesn't seem to
be working as-is;  I've built and tested 10.1 kernels for several weeks
but today I'm seeing new build issues.

We need to make the case to -release@ and -boot@ to have 10.1 in jessie;
 I thought it would be best to have it uploaded first to experimental so
that we can all see and test it.  This is the most urgent thing right now.

I'm working on new versions of freebsd-smbfs and freebsd-net-tools due
to changes in kernel ABI.

You already uploaded xserver-xorg-video-nv;  thanks.

libgnome-keyring's secmem test fails on kfreebsd-9 (#628383), including
on the buildds.  kfreebsd-10 should have fixed that with unprivileged
mlock() support.  How/when will buildds be updated to jessie kernels?
binNMUs from a kfreebsd-10 system may be good idea in the meantime
(unless there are any other testsuite failures).

Thanks,
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org