Re: NFS?

> Hi,
>
> On 20/05/14 19:18, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > root@samba:~# zfs set sharenfs=on samba/root/home/wouter
> > warning: mountd isn't supported in Debian GNU/kFreeBSD yet
>
> sharenfs is old Solaris syntax for an nfsd implementation that I think
> was entirely in the kernel.  I'm not sure if regular FreeBSD implements
> that option either.

My business partner (philip@FreeBSD.org) told me it does (through
/etc/zfs/exports), and I see Edward Tomasz replied here too :)

I notice mountd on FreeBSD supports multiple exports files; as such, it
would probably make sense to just change the init script so it also
exports the ZFS export file, and to restart mountd from the zfs binary
when the configuration changes. That shouldn't be too hard...

> On Debian GNU/kFreeBSD you'll want to install the freebsd-nfs-server
> package.  It's configured in /etc/exports with syntax that differs only
> slightly from Linux, e.g.:
>
> > /srv/nfs/example	-maproot=nobody	192.168.1.2

I had gotten that far, but it didn't work; "showmount" would show the
exports, but "mount" would hang. A wireshark would show that the client
was sending SYN packets, but the server was sending RST,ACK back for
everything.

I'll try your suggestions tonight (need to run now), will let you know
how it goes.

Thanks,

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26