Re: [RFH] Build polyorb on kfreebsd-i386

Hi xavier,

On 07/05/14 09:33, xavier grave wrote:
> Before I launch a campaign to get some old material (virtual machine
> doesn't seem an option, at least for me, for compilation/debugging of
> polyorb) for a fresh install, I'd like to know if somebody on the list
> already has such beast at hand and is willing to help of course :)

Why are the porterboxes not sufficient for this?  Is it because you also
need root access to install and test the package?

Why specifically kfreebsd-i386 and not kfreebsd-amd64?

And why not a virtual machine?  What kind of resources (diskspace and
RAM) might you need?

I was thinking about setting up a kfreebsd buildd for a short period of
time (would 1 week be enough time?) specifically so I could do a test
rebuild of many packages, for GCC-4.9 and other reasons.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org