Re: Bits from the Release Team: Architecture health check

Em 2014-01-30 16:05, Russ Allbery escreveu:
Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> writes:
On 30/01/2014 08:15, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

So the console kit path seems like the only option so far (unless
someone ports logind to use some other freebsd technology).

I'm not an expert on session or console management, but seeing how XDM
has managed to work without consolekit for the last 25 years, I have a
hard time believing either consolekit or logind are the only option if
you want to implement a display manager.

They probably aren't.  However, they are, as I understand it, the only
options that GNOME has any support for whatsoever.  Adding support for
some third option might be possible, but I'm dubious that's realistic for
a jessie release timeframe.

why not replace only gdm3 for kfreebsd?
the next problem is wayland...3.12 will have wayland by default and wayland wasn't ported to FreeBSD yet, so I think maintain Gnome in kFreeBSD port will become impossible...
it's best save efforts
what about this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Jhbuild/FreeBSD ?