Re: Init system for non-Linux ports

Hi!

Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz> writes:
> I would add also
> 6. switch to Upstart only if Linux uses it by default, otherwise stay with sysvinit
>
> My preference is
>
> 6-5-1,2,4-3

I agree we should follow Linux *iff* doing so is feasible. Apart from
that I haven't put enough time into details to really have a founded
opinion there

=> (6=4) 5 (1=2=3)

Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> writes:
> Btw is the tech-ctte going to force both ports to use the same option? This might
> have a significant effect on options 3 and 4, depending on the viability of Upstart
> on the Hurd (which I'm totally ignorant of).

I'm the tech-ctte will even consider deciding anything for !linux
without a really good reason. As long as we (the kfreebsd people) and
the hurd people each find something that works for us we should be
fine. The only thing from the tech-ctte / GR discussions that might
affect us is, if the project decides to drop support for some init
system.

  Christoph