Re: screen blanks after loading radeonkms (or i915kms)

On 19/12/2013 04:21, Ed Maste wrote:
> On 18 December 2013 19:58, Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> We could also try making it play nice with VTs. Maybe enabling
>> newcons helps. Also, there's some disabled WIP code in radeonkms
>> which is aimed at this purpose (I haven't tested it).
>
> Restoring vty switching is one of the benefits that Newcons brings - I
> would go ahead and enable it, and use i915kms.ko.

Uhm not available in releng/10.0 :-(

Do you think it's safe to backport this? If we put it in our kfreebsd-10
package, we might be unable to keep it in sync with recent Newcons from
HEAD later on.

Is it planned for MFC to stable/10 after 10.0 is released?