Re: GPL X BSD

On 24 November 2013 04:06,  <brunomaximom@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>> Debian GNU/kFreeBSD is official Debian port, and thus Debian packages
>> and packagers support kFreeBSD.
>
> Sorry, but that's not what I see...I dont see any interest from Gnome
> maintainers for kFreeBSD for example, just throw the job for kFreeBSD
> porters =/.

Well, take it up with upstream projects: Gnome and Freebsd.

>> Debian is not a GNU project, and does not seek GNU project approval.
>
> I was talking about kFreeBSD be more accepted by the GNU project. I have a
> dream: one day GNU and *BSD can join :)

Take that up with FreeBSD Project, the upstream of the FreeBSD kernel.
There is nothing that Debian can do here.

Debian simply takes upstreams and puts them together in a usable
binary distribution.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.

ps. your reply did not reach the mailing list.