Re: Multiarch on kFreeBSD?

To run a dynamically-linked mksh, ld needs to be found at
/compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2.  Maybe it is possible to create a full
set of (sym)links inside /compat/linux/ to suit the paths used by multiarch?

Sounds ugly. We already have proper, non-colliding locations for i386
& amd64 ld-linux.so under /lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/ it should be
possible to use those. I don't want to re-create multiarch libraries
in /compat/, instead a Debian system should correctly load libraries
from multi-arch locations.

Only ld.so symlink should be needed.

See also
https://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ#Q:_Is_it_possible_to_run_Linux_binaries_under_Debian_GNU.2FkFreeBSD_kernel.3F

The kernel tries to detect whether it is a Linux binary and sometime rewrites interpretter location to /compat/...

But the ld which ships with squeeze and wheezy fails with "FATAL: kernel
too old" (we are emulating 2.6.16 syscalls).  Probably a special one is
needed, perhaps from the FreeBSD linux_base port?

Hm... =( no idea. Maybe we will need a recompile of ld for kfreebsd platforms =/

It would "just" mean whole (e)glibc, as currently eglibc in Debian have for linux "MIN_KERNEL_SUPPORTED := 2.6.32".

Petr