Re: changed behaviour of _end symbol

2013/7/16 Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz>:
> The value itself does not matter here, but ABS->33 change.
>
> Try to build and run via ktrace under stable and under sid
>
> int main()
> {
>   sbrk(16*1024);
> };
>
> You will see the key difference.

Just one thought that came to mind, in case this helps: startup.S in
GRUB relies on this symbol to calculate the size of BSS. If the symbol
is wrong, then BSS is not appropiately zeroed.

I would expect other "special" programs using the GNU toolchain to
have similar trouble. E.g. SeaBIOS, Linux, the C runtime entry point
for glibc itself (I forgot its name, I think it was called
"crtbegin")...

How did all these solve it?