Re: Java defaults for kfreebsd-amd64

On 18/06/13 11:47, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> I am not sure. It built, yes, but running has some problems apparently:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libreoffice&arch=kfreebsd-amd64&ver=1%3A4.1.0~beta2-1&stamp=1370824274

Oh sorry, did not know about that.  We don't want to change this yet if
it breaks packages that previously built okay.

openjdk-7 on kfreebsd-amd64 can apparently build and run the Eclipse IDE
though:  http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2013/06/msg00064.html

> And I *do* think  that kfreebsd-* should be consistent in itself. Either
> both switched or none of both..

I thought it might give us a head-start porting new Java apps to
kfreebsd-*, but yes it would be nice to keep kfreebsd-i386 in sync.

The problem seen during libreoffice build might even be related to the
openjdk-7 build issue on kfreebsd-i386.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org