Re: Porting valgrind to Debian/kFreeBSD

On 07/03/13 19:51, Jeff Epler wrote:

>>> Aha.  eglibc is testing that the syscall succeeds, which is indicated by
>>> setting RAX to 0.
>>
>> The standard kernel in a success case sets RAX to zero
>> and clears carry flag. In error case the carry flag is set
>> and RAX contains error number.
>> It probably should be
>>
>> SET_STATUS_Success2((0L, tst->arch.vex.guest_RDX );
>
> As you suggest, this change also works (replacement of my earlier change, not
> cumulative with it):
>
> -      SET_STATUS_Success2((ULong)*p, tst->arch.vex.guest_RDX );
> +      SET_STATUS_Success2(0, tst->arch.vex.guest_RDX );
>
> Jeff

Wow! You are a genius :)

I confirm that it works perfectly with any of the changes proposed.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this means that we can finally have valgrind packaged
for Debian/kFreeBSD.

The diffstat between "official" valgrind and this freebsd port is pretty
big.

Could something like a new "valgrind-bsd" package based on this
valgrind-freebsd port be allowed on the archives?

Regards!