NDIS in kfreebsd

Hi,

On the kFreeBSD_why[0] page, support for NDIS drivers in the mainline
kernel is listed as a reason to prefer kFreeBSD. Has anybody here
successfully used NDIS under Debian/kfreebsd? I've tried to make use of
said functionality and have successfully loaded the ndis(4)[1] and
if_ndis(4)[1] kernel modules. According to the FreeBSD Handbook[2], I
now need to generate a kernel module from the binary driver using
ndisgen(8)[3,6].

No Debian package currently provides ndisgen[4-5], has anybody started
work packaging it? I checked out the sources[7] and tried compiling it,
but it requires access to what I assume are the kernel sources (under
../../sys/), and the makefile tries including bsd.prog.mk. Are there
established ways of building FreeBSD things under Debian/kfreebsd, or do
I need to manually hunt down the required blobs from the FreeBSD svn and
patch the Makefile accordingly?

Best wishes,
Ryan

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why
[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ndis&sektion=4
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/config-network-setup.html
[3] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ndisgen&sektion=8
[4] http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=ndisgen&mode=path&suite=unstable&arch=any
[5] http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=experimental&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=ndisgen
[6] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/release/9.0.0/usr.sbin/ndiscvt/
[7] svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/usr.sbin/ndiscvt

--
|_)|_/  Ryan Kavanagh		| Debian Developer