Re: panic: vm_fault_copy_wired

Hi!

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:
> On 06/05/12 23:37, Robert Millan wrote:
>> I've uploaded eglibc packages built using latest
>> kfreebsd-kernel-headers from experimental:
>> http://people.debian.org/~rmh/glibc_kkh901/
>
> This is odd.  I hit a panic on reboot but I don't think it was due to
> installing these.  I'd upgraded some other stuff too but not the kernel;
>  kernels 8.3 or 9.0 both did the same thing.
>
> I got a panic: vm_fault_copy_wired: page missing early in the /etc/rcS.d
> scripts;  I think it may be to do with the swap which was on a ZFS zvol.

I've been trying to debug this today on a testing kfreebsd-i386 system
with no ZFS involved at all (kernel panic in vm_fault_copy_wired) .. and
exactly the same failure in 9.0-RELEASE kernel (it's somewhere in
syscall_fork() btw). This system doesn't have any of these rebuil.t
glibc thing as well so probably not related.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer