Re: panic: vm_fault_copy_wired (was: Call for testers: glibc built with kfreebsd-kernel-headers from experimental)

On 06/05/12 23:37, Robert Millan wrote:
> I've uploaded eglibc packages built using latest
> kfreebsd-kernel-headers from experimental:
> http://people.debian.org/~rmh/glibc_kkh901/

This is odd.  I hit a panic on reboot but I don't think it was due to
installing these.  I'd upgraded some other stuff too but not the kernel;
 kernels 8.3 or 9.0 both did the same thing.

I got a panic: vm_fault_copy_wired: page missing early in the /etc/rcS.d
scripts;  I think it may be to do with the swap which was on a ZFS zvol.

Using the installer as a rescue system, I made sure my UFS rootfs was
clean, mounted it, and chrooted into it:

# zpool status
internal error: failed to initialize ZFS library

I couldn't do any debugging as my /usr was on ZFS.

I rebooted, and suddenly everything was fine.  The only change I'm aware
of is the filesystem getting marked as clean.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org