Installation problems

I've just tried to install kFreeBSD, to give it a try. I have a
dual-boot Windows/Linux-Debian system, and was using a spare partition.
I was using the FreeBSD 9 mini.iso image.

The installation worked fine, but I don't actually have a running
system. Issues include:

- I had some trouble finding a mirror --- do not all of them carry kFreeBSD?

- some of the d-i screens were wrong; the main one of interest being the
prompt for the device to install grub onto, which talked about /dev/sda1
etc instead of /dev/ada0s1 etc; I'm not a FreeBSD user, so this confused
me until I remembered.

- installing grub failed. I want grub in the FreeBSD partition, not the
MBR, so this may not be a commonly tested path. It looks like it's
unable to find a mapping between the BSD device name for the partition
(/dev/ada0s6) and the BIOS drive.

- formatting the partition as UFS didn't remove the old jfs signature,
which caused some confusion later when the partition was misdetected. I
realise this isn't d-i's fault, but it was still awkward.

I don't know what's going on with grub, as I stopped being able to
understand it at about the time grub 0.9 came out. In the process of
trying to fix it, I tried booting Linux Debian and running grub-update.
It failed to find the kFreeBSD installation. This is grub-pc:amd64
1.99-22.1.

Are these issues known about? Would you like formal bug reports?

I'm going to try the stable installation image now, but it's entirely
possible I'll be back asking for help...

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL