Re: OpenJDK-7 on kFreeBSD (feedback)

Le samedi 14 avril 2012 04:35:59, Steven Chamberlain a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Steven,

> Just to give some new feedback on this, I was able to build and install
> openjdk-7 on kfreebsd-i386 from the openjdk-7_7~u3-2.1.1~pre1-1.dsc.
>
> It took a few attempts though, lots of a disk space and somehow I hit a
> kernel panic in my VM at one point.  Since I carried on from that point,
> I don't really have a clean build log.

Thanks for this feedback! I know that building openjdk-{6,7} packages are very
CPU and storage intensive. For example, on my own kfreebsd box :
----
Build needed 03:50:16, 9909838k disc space
----

> I was not using sbuild or a chroot;  I built manually with just
> "dpkg-buildpackage -nc", because -j4 would cause issues with
> parallelism, and yet, using -j1 instead would cause a problem in one of
> the makefiles.
> The only thing I had to change was a makefile definition in the build
> tree, as shown in the attached diff, otherwise it was failing when javac
> would look for some CORBA class.

Did you have your failing build log ? I'm surprised by your patch on corba
because I've just built and published some openjdk-7_7~u3-2.1.1~pre1-2
packages without any error related to corba (here: http://deb.li/3e0Oc).

I'm using sbuild (AFAIK, with default config) like this :
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=2 nocheck" sbuild -d sid
openjdk-7_7~u3-2.1.1~pre1-2.dsc

My build log is here :
http://deb.li/IfYh

> I'll need to work out what differences leads to the problem[s] currently
> seen on the buildd's, to someday be able to get openjdk-7 installed in
> > Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 138: realloc: Assertion
> > `ptr == alloc_last_block' failed! make
>
> My build system runs the 8.3-1-686 kernel and tends to follow wheezy.
> The virtual machine has a total of 1.5GiB RAM, with vm.kmem_size set to

My baremetal server runs 9.0-1-686 kernel and is clean wheezy (with sid
schroot as already said).

I would really like to understand why it's failing on buildd...

Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan