Re: Installing Grub on new squeeze vm failed
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: "Mailing List - Debian GNU/*BSD" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Installing Grub on new squeeze vm failed
- From: Robert Millan <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 13:00:29 +0200
- Message-id: <CAOfDtXN6QUX6yC6WAC+N-2MQWziLQMX=zq=v+C-tASx7e7VCUQ@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
2011/10/2 David Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> That didn't work! I was able to finish the installation, but upon reboot, grub reports "error: couldn't find boot", and has entered rescue mode. How can I manually boot into my system? I can try installing grub again and updating it.
Yes, grub-install is what I'd try next.