Re: Seeking port of spamd/openbsd

Am 03.08.11 20:07, schrieb Robert Millan:
2011/8/3 Sebastian Schoeller<sebastian.schoeller@gmail.com>:
Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. Is Debian/kfreebsd amd64 being used on productive systems?
Yes, althought as a "technology preview" it's possible that it doesn't
fit with your needs, specially on the desktop front.  But it works
perfectly for many server setups.  It basically depends on what you
want to do with it (feel free to describe your requirements if you
want more specific advice).
Robert,

thanks for your answer. What I want to set up is the following

1. Nginx/Lighttpd/Apache2
2. Dovecot/Postfix/Spamassassin/(Spamd)
3. Mailman/Mysql
4. Froxlor Management Interface (Managing mailman, dovecot mostly)

I am doing this in preparation as a volunteer for an NGO. Anyhow I come more from the Ubuntu/Debian side and know the source of documentation. Most things are well-documented. It will be the first time for me to run a mail server and we have no time for doing security updates etc, so we will just stick with debian-security or so. What is so interesting for me about BSD is:

1. Spamd/pf (to protect the postfix)
2. ZFS (easy filesystem quotas etc.)
3. The possibility to have jails for other server setups

That's how I came across Debian+BSD. We have no FreeBSD people so anytime we run into some technical issues we will be hopelessly lost. I find this project really cool. Some questions I have in mind are:

1. Will it be possible with to do dist-upgrade?
2. Are kernel security-updates included?
3. Is the future for Debian/kfreebsd secure enough to run this thing on a server for the next 5 or so years?

These are some left over questions. I have started to fumble about with the spamd source code. Unfortunately the build system seems to be different and there are some dependacies I cannot easily resolve. My make+gcc+C knowledge is close to zero anyhow. I will continue step-by-step trying to read up on the Internet.

Best wishes and thanks for the answers in advance

Sebastian
2. Has anyone ported spamd from OpenBsd to Debian/kfreebsd?
No, but I don't think it would be hard to port if you have some basic
C knowledge.  Where's the source code anyway?  I couldn't find it in
OpenBSD CVS repository.