Re: notes from the kfreebsd BoF

Wiadomość napisana przez Timo Juhani Lindfors w dniu 29 lip 2011, o godz. 02:04:

[..]

>  - NBD like feature?

Why not iSCSI?

> Problems
> * hardware support
>  - wireless: problem with the firmware, we should implement a way to load firmwares

In FreeBSD, there is a framework for that: firmware(9).

> * people are removing OSS support, and libsalsa provides ALSA emulation, but old version only (1.0.5 plus a few bits)

How about simply porting ALSA libraries, without the ALSA kernel backend, and configuring them to talk to PulseAudio?

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?