Re: FTBFS splitvt 1.6.6 on kfreebsd

El dv 18 de 03 de 2011 a les 23:14 -0400, en/na Benjamin Kaduk va
escriure:

> >> Port it to POSIX <termios.h> ?
> >>
> >> The splitvt already supports termio,
> >> so basically convert
> >> ioctl(fd, TCGETA, (char *) &tty_mode)
> >> into
> >> tcgetattr(fd, tty_mode)
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Going back to the package itself, a manually
> > inserted "-DCOMPAT_43TTY" in the makefile
> > will allow all binaries to compile. Whether
> > they act correctly remains to be tested.
>
> COMPAT_43TTY is a kernel option. Per
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC?rev=1.541;content-type=text%2Fx-cvsweb-markup
> it is removed from stock FreeBSD kernel for a year, now; it seems to not
> be in patches/ for kfreebsd image, so correct functionality is highly
> unlikely.

splitvt tries to use sys/ioctl_compat.h:

---splitvt/config.c---
139	/* Check for ioctl compatibility.  (FreeBSD) */
140	if ( exists(INCLUDE, "sys/ioctl_compat.h") ) {
141		strcat(cflags, " -DNEED_COMPAT_H");
142		VERBOSE_PRINT(
143		"\tI will use your ioctl compatibility header.\n");
144	}
------

But in sys/ioctl_compat.h [0]:

---sys/ioctl_compat.h---
41	#ifndef COMPAT_43TTY
42	#error "Definitions not available without TTY ioctl compat."
43	#endif
------

It seems "-DCOMPAT_43TTY" solution could be a good one but if it is
removed... What happens with sys/ioctl_compat.h?

Also, I can try the first solution and port to POSIX <termios.h>,
altough there are quite a lot of ioctl calls.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Mònica

[0] http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/sys/ioctl_compat.h