Re: FTBFS splitvt 1.6.6 on kfreebsd

fredag den 18 mars 2011 klockan 21:34 skrev Petr Salinger detta:
>> I mantain splitvt and the last release fails to build on kfreebsd-i386
>> [0] and on kfreebsd-amd64 [1]. This problem is reported here [2].
>>
>> Any help with this would be very appreciated :-)
>
> Port it to POSIX <termios.h> ?
>
> The splitvt already supports termio,
> so basically convert
> ioctl(fd, TCGETA, (char *) &tty_mode)
> into
> tcgetattr(fd, tty_mode)

A migration to termios is best. A conversion
of TCGETA to TCGETS is also possible, if keeping
ioctl() calls seem a good thing, instead of going
all the way to tcgetattr(). I used TCGETS
in #601758 for yafc, where the small patch
I crafted might give some ideas now.

Going back to the package itself, a manually
inserted "-DCOMPAT_43TTY" in the makefile
will allow all binaries to compile. Whether
they act correctly remains to be tested.
This fact gives another pointer regarding
suitable porting work.

Best regards,
  Mats E A