Re: Kernel capabilities in buildd machines

Mats Erik Andersson a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> granted that we are striving to get support for Quota
> and IPsec into kernel release 8.2, to what extent are
> the installed kernel images on the buildd machines
> Fasch and Finzi keeping up with this? In what time
> span will they be reacting correctly to packages
> requiring the above capacities?

It's possible to get whatever kernel image installed in the chroot where
the package is built (using a build-depends), but it doesn't mean the
build daemon is going to run this kernel.

The kernel run by the build daemons is currently the one from squeeze,
it might be switched to a kernel in squeeze-backports at some point if
there is when available there, but in any case it's a decision of DSA.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73