Re: console-setup for FreeBSD

onsdag den  9 mars 2011 klockan 19:13 skrev Cyril Brulebois detta:
> Hi,
>
> Edward Tomasz Napiera??a <trasz@FreeBSD.org> (09/03/2011):
> > Not sure about the Debian userland, but the standard FreeBSD way
> > would be to use tty(1):
> >
> > $ tty
> > /dev/ttyv0
>
> thanks for the hint.
>
> A quick check on io.debian.net (through ssh) says:
> /dev/ttyp1
>
> Using a qemu image, from the second/third console:
> /dev/ttyv1
> /dev/ttyv2
>
> Using a qemu image, from X:
> /dev/ttyp0
>
> Using a qemu image, from ssh:
> /dev/ttyp1
>
> So at first glance, it seems all you can assume is that /dev/ttyv*
> means you're on a real console (I didn't check the doc).

A quick reply: On FreeBSD /dev/ttyv0 is the console, and /dev/ttyv[1-8]
are the standard virtual terminals (see /etc/ttys). The client side
of a PTY pair is normally allocated in /dev/ttyp#. To be exact, I have
never had a sufficient number of open PTY pairs in order that the naming
segment "/dev/ttyp#" be exhausted, although nominally it could happen.
The documentation is pty(4). In all evidence kFreeBSD inherits this
naming convention.

Regards,
  Mats E A