Re: Where to download Debian GNU/kFreeBSD DVD-ROM Images?

On 02-11 10:10, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi Bahman!
>
> Am 10.02.2011 06:20, schrieb Bahman Kahinpour:
>
> > I was planning to download Debian GNU/kFreeBSD 6.0 today in order to
> > test it to see if it's ready for deployment on server platforms that I
> > noticed something. The download links are:
> >
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.0/kfreebsd-amd64/iso-dvd/
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.0/kfreebsd-i386/iso-dvd/
> >
> > And according to the CHECKSUMS available in that directory there
> > should be 7 DVD-ROMs for each architecture (amd64, i386):
> > debian-6.0.0-kfreebsd-<arch>-DVD-<N>.iso where <arch>=amd64/i386 and
> > <N>=1...7 but only the first DVD-ROM is available for each architecture.
> > Where are other DVD-ROMs?
>
> As mentioned on http://www.debian.org/CD/, not all DVD images are
> available as direct download, due to space constraints.  However, you
> may get the remaining DVD images (if you really need all of them) via
> jigdo (see http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#which) or bittorrent
> (http://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/).

Are there any plans to drop direct download for more popular archs?

Serving 50 cd for i386, 10 DVD,
and people who downloads them all for no particular reason,
can be some kind of problem i guess...
This will also make more people use jidgo and bittorent.
It will also lower load on server, thus delivering important CDs and DVD
(just first CDs and DVDs) faster to the end users, as well
improve rsync speed and space consideration, thus makeing
possible to create cd mirrors by more people.

Was anybody analysing logs of cd mirrors?

--
Witold Baryluk
JID: witold.baryluk // jabster.pl