Re: A (partial) installation report

Oops...

2010/4/9 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> * I put various stuff (dmesg logs, outputs of lspci invoked with many
> levels of verbosity, output of dmidecode etc) on this file:
>
>   http://rb.doesntexist.org/debian/kfreebsd-logs.tar.bz2

Sorry, sorry. Those are outdated. The logs that I collected today are at:

http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/debian/debugging.tar.xz

Another thing: I already know how to boot into single user mode with
kfreebsd (for those reading from the archives, just put a -s on the
kernel command line and be done with it). What is not clear is how to
accomplish the same thing as telling the kernel which binary should be
used as init (like, with Linux, init=/bin/bash, for example).

All the information that I could get from the FreeBSD pages and
manuals talk about loader(8), but we don't have that on Debian
GNU/kFreeBSD... Should I set any variable under grub 2 with the
kfreebsd prefix? After RTFM it is not obvious which one(s) I should
set.

Thanks,