Re: migration to testing

On 06/04/2010 00:05, Adam Borowski wrote:
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:05:52AM +0400, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
As the original poster of that question on debian-mentors, I would
like to ask anyone who has access to a Debian/kFreeBSD installation to
test if fuse-convmvfs from sid works there (provided that fuse4bsd is
installed). My package builds on that architecture just fine, but
unfortunately I cannot test myself if it works there.
Just install it yourself in virtualbox (slow, always works) or kvm (requires
hardware support).

I just lost several hours today trying, so here's a list of pitfalls:

* You need to change the virtual network card.  VirtualBox's default,
"PCnet-FAST III (Am79C973)", is recognized by kfreebsd but doesn't see the
network.  "PCnet-PCI II (Am79C970A)" works fine.

* You need a particular d-i build:
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/kfreebsd-i386/20100221-11:20/monolithic/
(I assume -amd64 works too).

Current d-i dailies are broken (the partitioner fails, even with a
pre-partitioned disk, not letting you assign mount points).  Don't use the
sysinstall images either (they install but filesystem operations randomly
fail).  Rumours that d-i builds 20100306 or 20100223 are ok are untrue as
well (won't even boot past the splash screen).

http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/kfreebsd-amd64/20091201-11:40/monolithic/mini.iso worked for me today