Debian GNU/kFreeBSD on the desktop investigation

I've been investigating Debian GNU/kFreeBSD on the desktop and reporting
the bugs I found. My notes are on the wiki:

I probably won't have time to do more on it until the Squeeze BSP in
Manchester on the 13th/14th November:

I haven't reported the bugs as 'serious' (or higher!) so they aren't
listed as RC bugs but many might be considered so. Could you look at
them and advise and/or alter their severity. Particulary the bugs
concerning gksu, webkit and CD/DVD access/mounting.

There is a general issue with the desktop applications not being able to
'see' or mount the CD/DVD drive. I'm not sure which package to report
this on, advice welcome.