Re: Sound card support in Debian GNU/kFreeBSD kernel?

Robert Millan wrote:
> 2010/10/16, Michael Dorrington <michael.dorrington@gmail.com>:
>> What is sound card support like in the kfreebsd kernel? I asked because
>> I've enabled all the sound cards in kvm but still don't have any working
>> sound devices.
>
> Did you kldload the needed snd_* module?

I did not. Loading snd_es137x got the '-soundhw es1370' working.

> There is no auto-loading support AFAIK.

It appears so. Is this the way FreeBSD likes it? Could the plumbing
layer surrounding linux be used to detect the need to load a module(s)
and load it/them? Would people want that?

Thanks,
Mike.