Re: GNU/kFreeBSD debian-installer

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 07:54:47AM -0400, Brivaldo Junior wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> Hi,
>

> > Starting from today, the daily GNU/kFreeBSD debian-installer images [1]
> > use a 8.1 kernel and install this version by default. The bonus is that
> > the console is now in UTF-8, so installation in languages different than
> > English is now possible.
> >

> Congratulations Aurelien,
>
>    This FreeBSD Instalation, with the simple D-I are really good! Some
> errors with encoding on initial install in English (trying install in
> Portuguese Brazil). This steps will be included on
> Official Debian when finished? Option only by the kernel?

Indeed, I tried a few languages, but not this one. We should probably
load some fonts depending on the chosen locale. I'll try to look at
that, but probably not with a high priority.

The current image is what is planned for the Squeeze release, we will
try to fix as many bugs as possible until it happens.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73