Re: any known-good installer ISOs?

Tuco dixit:

>by installing with KVM and then converting the disk image. After the
>install, everything is working fine in VBox.

This may very well be a Virtualbox issue. The Sun engineers admitted
it's a known bug that it doesn't emulate the i386 platform correctly
and other OSes don't work inside it at all (e.g. gzip on MirBSD gets
terminated with SIGILL out of all things). They can't fix it because
no (paying) customer demanded it, though.

In short, do not, ever, use Virtualbox for anything, period.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt