Re: any known-good installer ISOs?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 20:41, Brett Dikeman <brett.dikeman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any known-good images? I tried mostly the AMD64 images, but
> a few x86 images.  No dice.  Also, could someone please update the
> Wiki to contain more current and accurate info for those of us looking
> to dip our toes in?

I've had success with the daily mini.iso images:

    http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/kfreebsd-i386/daily/monolithic/mini.iso

On Ubuntu with virtualbox-ose 3.1.6-dfsg-2ubuntu2 on 2.6.32-21-generic
i686 GNU/Linux.

Also try to disable the dual processor PAE/NX config. As I recall I
had some issues with that, but I can't recall what exactly.