Re: any known-good installer ISOs?
- To: Brett Dikeman <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: any known-good installer ISOs?
- From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:15:48 +0000
- Message-id: <AANLkTimpUZHm+t2nWzQnVBnEpZLMtfpeq=43zB9TYjv1@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTinSJnaVG4YSTRNk_ZP7LUruu9f97r=P_=qR63oT@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <AANLkTinSJnaVG4YSTRNk_ZP7LUruu9f97r=P_=qR63oT@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 20:41, Brett Dikeman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Are there any known-good images? I tried mostly the AMD64 images, but
> a few x86 images. No dice. Also, could someone please update the
> Wiki to contain more current and accurate info for those of us looking
> to dip our toes in?
I've had success with the daily mini.iso images:
On Ubuntu with virtualbox-ose 3.1.6-dfsg-2ubuntu2 on 2.6.32-21-generic
Also try to disable the dual processor PAE/NX config. As I recall I
had some issues with that, but I can't recall what exactly.