Re: Installing on VMWare Workstaiton 6.5

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> I did the installation more or less manually.  Take a ISO that does
> boot and where the partitioner works (that part should be easy).

:
:
:
> A reboot later you should be able to boot into 7.2.  Disclaimer:
> this was on bare hardware and I did not try to preserve multiple
> OSes on that machine.

Thanks for your detailed infos. This could be a way to get a runable
installation. But on the other side I would find it more "perfectly" to
take an iso and run the install until the end - and it works.

So my question: how can I help to support this high target? I think the
GNU/kFreeBSD distri is stable enough to push it further to the same status
as i386/amd64 already is. For testing I can use a free partition of 10GB
on my harddisk only for install-tests of kfreebsd's. And I often use
Virtualbox 3.0 for install-tests.

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn