Installation woes

Hi all,

after Alexander's nice Cebit talk I wanted to give Debian GNU/kFreeBSD finally
some testing:

In a virtual machine I'm running the daily mini.iso form d-i. The first hurdle
is the (known) DNS problem, which I went around with using a IP address for a
mirror.

Then, partman seems to have issues if I want to use a manual setup presenting
me in the end with a query box with a lot of question marks. Guided one-shot
partitioning does seem to work.

Then however, I hit the current show stopper: The base install stops after
installing tasksel with an error that main-menue cannot create /dev/.static
(from /var/log/syslog of the busybox): "Operation not supported"

Is this a known issue which I have not yet found the solution to?

Cheers

Carsten