Re: gnome install dependency update-binfmts (Linux Only)

Still stuck here. Anyone have anything new? Thanks
Petr Salinger wrote:
apt-get install --no-install-recommends xorg gnome

Then when the gnome log on window expects input of user name the
keyboard characters don't show in the window. I thought that maybe
echo was off but, there was no response when I continued to enter the
user name. I could not get any response nor get to a terminal to hunt
for a cause.

Does xorg alone works for you ?
What is content of your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?
Do you have hal installed and running ?

Without hal, you might need to specify in your xorg.conf,
using something like:

Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        Option          "AutoAddDevices"  "off"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,cz"
        Option          "XkbVariant"     ",qwerty"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/ums0"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/psm0"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

I want to try to solve this issue.

Additional Info:

At boot the system is looking for file /dev/xconsole.
The file is not present/ Assume the xorg install failed to configure it or place it properly.

Work around:

Once into gnome and trying to use the keyboard the following frees it.
No Keyboard Response:
Select Actions> Run XDMCP chooser
At the Add host: Select cancel
Back in kFreeBSD the keyboard should respond to allow login.