gnubg build failure on kfreebsd-i386

Hello folks,

gnubg is failing to build on kfreebsd-i386 while building the bearoff
database, with the following error:

[ -s gnubg_ts0.bd ] || \
	./makebearoff -t 6x6 -f gnubg_ts0.bd
[ -s gnubg.wd ] || \
	./makeweights < gnubg.weights > gnubg.wd
6 nets converted
[ -s gnubg_os0.bd ] || \
	./makebearoff -o 6 -s 7999999 -f gnubg_os0.bd
/bin/bash: line 1: 26039 Aborted                 ./makebearoff -o 6 -s 7999999 -f gnubg_os0.bd
make[4]: *** [gnubg_os0.bd] Error 134

That error I've seen before, usually when the program violates some sort
of resource limit.  makebearoff is somewhat CPU-intensive.  Are there
possibly any stack or total CPU time resource limits on this buildd that
could be aborting the build?

There's a note in the build logs that says that the build failure is not
reproducible on a porter box, and I see it built fine on kfreebsd-amd64.
I'm not quite sure how I can help with resolving this.  Is there anything
I should be looking at?