Re: Starter - TODO (installing in virtualbox)

Hello,

debian developer <debiandev@gmail.com> wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please use your real name. Thanks!

> I want to get involved with this work.
A good idea.

> First thing I am going to do is install debian/kfreebsd on virtualbox.
> I am a beginner, so any pointers as to where to start will be really helpful.
I have made the same (hard way) at the beginning of December. Here I
give you my documentation about installing. This is the way:

1. download an image from July 2009 for i386 or amd64 from here:
     http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/install-cd/ and define it as
     installation medium of the VirtualBox instance.

2. Set a new instance in VirtualBox with
     "Networkadapter: PCnet-PCI II"  and
     "Connected to: Bridge"     (this is very important!)

3. Start the instance in VirtualBox and use my flow sheet in the
     file 01_kfreebsd_install.txt
     Link: http://www.joonet.de/kfreebsd/01_kfreebsd_install.txt

4. Login and configure GNU/kfreebsd. Look in my flow sheet in the
     file 02_kfreebsd_config.txt
     Link: http://www.joonet.de/kfreebsd/02_kfreebsd_config.txt

Good luck!

Fondest regards,