devd, acpiconf and such

Hi!

Looking at the freebsd kernel event system I obviously came across the
devd.  Are there any plans to include it or is the plan to port the
Linux udev system to kfreebsd?

Looking at devd.conf and its usage I have to say that I really like
it; in contrast to udev (or whatever the current hotplug system on
GNU/Linux is) it is easy to understand and thus I assume also easy to
debug.  It is much like pf.conf in contrast to iptables.  The devd
code does not look too complex and it should be straightforward to
port it to glibc.

To support acpi suspend we also need the acpiconf tool, which is even
more trivial.

Anyone working on it?  Shall I take it up?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner