Re: Issues with current state of GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi everybody,

I get to install d-i kfreebsd with some local hacks (chroot /target and then apt-get install grub-pc) =p

2009/8/9 Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 06:26:15PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 05:44:32PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > > Installed: keyboard layouts missing
> > > ------------------------------------
> > > There appears to be no way to use a keyboard layout different
> > > than the standard US one.
> >
> > Maybe related to the problem in the installer.
> This was on an installation using the sysinstall based disc. I don't
> know about the d-i created installation. But maybe I just don't know
> how to change the keyboard layout in kFreeBSD.

dpkg-reconfigure kbdcontrol

I fixed my problem with this command, but after reboot. and I have this problem on debian installer when start installing base system.

I have some problems with set users passwords, I can't login in the system, then of the installation the file /etc/shadow is in wrong format, I don't know if it is coding.

cat /etc/shadow
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I fixed this issue recreating shadow file and setting same configuration of my sysinstall installation.
cat /etc/shadow
root:erase_password:14466:0:99999:7:::
daemon:*:14437:0:99999:7:::
bin:*:14437:0:99999:7:::